Monday 1 March 2010

A month old

Yesterday Joe and Harry were a month old. Time has certainly flown by. I wish I could list all the advances they have made but to be honest it seems like we have come to a bit of a stand-still.

Today both babies ventilation was increased, Harry's rate was turned up from 35bpm to 50bpm, and Joe's oxygen was between 70 and 80%. I keep telling myself to concentrate on all the positives - they are growing, no infections, no brain bleeds, no heart problems etc, but I just want to speed up time and have them off the ventilators, feeding, and home. I want to be able to see a year into the future and know they are still with us. I want to see 5 years into the future and know they are okay.

Last night was weigh-in night and Harry is now 800 grams, and Joe is 786 grams.

No comments:

Post a Comment